Friday, June 24, 2011

Roll Up Your Sleeves....

....And get to work



This spring we tried to spruce up our landscape

with a little edging block that we had ran out

of time to put down last fall.



Ahhh...so nice to mow around :)




We also had a major overgrown weed and brush patch

in our yard. We weren't sure if it was ours or our

neighbors...but after she hadn't touched it for two years,

we decided to claim it. After pulling out about 6 bags of leaves

and sticks, the weeds were still terrible. We decided to

make it a flower garden instead of seeding it with grass.

Many days have been spent digging out weeds,

planting flowers, moving flowers :) and putting down mulch.



It's getting better here...






David and I went to Oakville for a few days to help

my dad and mom on the old farm. We spent one evening

with Benjamin, hiking on the hill ground, finding "my" spring,

"my" trail, and other beautiful things.





BJ trees a coon.






Ok, so if we had tons of money, we would build a cabin

right here by the pond :)

(next to my trail and my spring)





Friday we spent the day working down on the farm.

We tore down fence in the lot, cleaned out the barn,

cleaned in the machine shed, and burned a bunch of junk.








What did we put on the pile???







I found a website called onceamonthmom.com,

and it is full of menu's for every month of the year.

It's totally free, downloadable and printable.

Menu, grocery list, recipes, and order of preparation

are included. Basically I spent 8 hours cooking one day,

and had about 20 meals in the freezer for the month.

It is working out great! I am almost forgetting how to

cook...until next month :)








I was on my way to work one day last month when

my car seemed not to want to accelerate.

C'mon, just get me to work! Well, it didn't.

It made a big klunking sound and totally died.

David looked at it and found that it had spun a bearing.

And since it only had 260,000 miles on it,

we decided it was well worth rebuilding the engine ;-)

David and Wes worked on it in Wes' shed and now

my wheels are back on the road - yay!

Who knew you could miss a car??







No comments:

Post a Comment