Monday, February 9, 2015

A Conclusion

After a few days and a talk with David, I came to a conclusion as to what was bugging me so much. I guess some things just take time to sort themselves out :-) I told David that when we move home from Haiti, I don't want all my friends to be white Americans! I want to have friends from Haiti! But during this time I felt like some trust was broken and it made me question the sincerity of...well, most everyone. I had to step back and remind myself not to "blanket statement" everyone.  Another thing that's been hard is seeing those who claim to be Christians who seem unkind or uncaring or go along with "the crowd." I have to remember to forgive, to not judge, to remember that I have to be more loving, kind and caring too!

So I guess I'm hopefully back to more rational thinking :-) and I'm so thankful for those who I KNOW are truthful and sincere and have shown themselves our friends.  Very thankful especially for our cook, Madam Ino, and our language instructor, Falens.  Yes, we do have friends here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment