Friday, July 11, 2014

Love the USA!

Orrin and I have been back in the States for two weeks now, and waiting on Daddy for another few days yet :(  Thought it was time to post on our experiences coming home.  

First of all, thanks to everyone for all their prayers on our travels home.  It was prayer alone that carried us through that day.  Without prayer, there's no other way that the day before we left, I could hardly walk up the hill, and then feel totally fine the next day to get up at 3am, take a 45 minute drive to Cayes, a 4 hour bus ride to the airport, wrangle Orrin through security and then in the airport for about another 4 hours, take a two hour plane ride, carry Orrin through immigration and security, and back on the plane for three hours to Ohare.  The last hurdle seemed the biggest.... crossing the road in front of the taxis to get to the middle section where I would get picked up by Paul and Loretta....with a carry-on, bookbag, and Orrin riding on top of the checked bag.  For a moment it looked almost too big, and some kind man asked if I needed help.  Heavenly.

I kept wondering when the culture shock would set in.  But it didn't.  I think I was so ready to come back to the US (grandparents, american food, milk, straight roads) that it didn't phase me too much.  There were moments, though.  I walked into Paul and Loretta's kitchen that night.  Oh wow, it looks sooo nice.  And then I walked on CARPET to put Orrin in bed.  And I came back down and drank a big glass of 2% Prairie Farms MILK!!!  It's sad when you get emotional over a glass of milk ;)



Ok, I know this is a really poor quality picture, but this is my first taste of America on the plane.
I'll have Orange Juice and Milk, please!



Orrin at the Library.  Different books!!!!




Enjoying Ice Cream at Dave's.  Thanks William and Melissa for the treat :)



"Mowing" with Grandpa Gerst.  Love the orange crocs with the orange mower :)


We've spent the past few weeks cleaning out the house, and packing up, sorting and getting rid of stuff :)  We're almost done, and having a garage sale, hoping to get rid of a lot of stuff :)  (Our house is being rented by newlyweds Josh and Katie, so they've been moving some stuff into our house while we're moving out :) )  We've had some fun times too...going to the library, watching fireworks, spending time with grandpa's and grandma's.  It's been great to see our friends and family again!  Just can't wait for Daddy to come join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment